A few notes on my first professional futbol match:
- The stadium was so small and cozy. 28,000 seats, and the field is huge, so you are RIGHT there hearing the player's shoes slap against the ball.
- Soccer fanatics - those real hardcore noisy fans - are fun. They sang and chanted the whole time. They even had a little brass band and a flag the size of a tennis court. At the end of the game, the Galaxy went to the end of the field and saluted the biggest group, who went bananas. It was all very interactive.
- You give the foul ball BACK. So there is no need to dive for it and take out a stroller - thankfully unoccupied - the way that one guy did. I think that giving the foul ball back is very civilized.
- When David Beckham came out during the second half, the roar of the crowd was loud enough to peel paint off the walls. People love them some Becks.
- I kind of love me some Becks, too, even though he runs so painfully it looks like he might have been in trouble with the Mafia at one point..
- He has perhaps the finest little butt I have ever seen.
- I don't think he wears undies.
- I was NOT looking at Beckham's butt the whole time.
- I was watching Landon Donovan score twice. Which is one more than the whole DC United team.
- HA! Suck it, DC United.
- I missed seeing DC United score because I was taking stupid pictures. Like this:
- I have bad timing. But I had a lot of fun.
Here's Beckham now!
I think my birthday is finally, finally over.