23 June 2010

In which I goof off

You probably had to be there, but I'm going to tell you anyway.

I'm taking this class at church. It is kind of a Our Church 101: What You Must Believe So You Will Be Cool With God, Unlike Those Pagan Sinners.

Not really.

One of the exercises we did last night was to imagine people in our lives who really bug us and then see how what drives us crazy about them is also in us. Self-awareness, oh noes.

I got the point of the exercise right away and I wasn't feeling terribly motivated, so I could only think of 2 people who mildly bugged me. Weird, I know.

I finished early, while the rest of the class was writing. There were three spaces on the paper for people who bugged you, so I had an empty slot.

I decided to fill my slot - and my time - by scrawling harder and harder and faster and faster in the empty slot, so the quiet room of students gradually became aware, because of the sounds my pen was making, that someone was taking this exercise way too much to heart.

They started giggling, which just spurred me to continue scrawling harder. I was at the paper-tearing point when our pastor, laughing, reeled me back in.

I'm here to entertain. That's all I want, really.

3 comments:

Karen Bodkin said...

that is awesome.

apathy lounge said...

Wait. You get to take a class where you think about people who bother you?? Where do I sign up???

Kathy S said...

Are your sure you're a Cancer?

Isn't attention seeking a trait of... oh god, some other starsign that I can't think of and can't be bothered to look up right now?

Back to top