It is in this spirit of marinating in the badness that I bring you: My Week, The List of Horror
- Mom got chest pains
- Poor Swine Flu baby spewing germs all over ER waiting room
- Blessedly short Swine Flu emergency waiting room wait
- Followed by all-day in Swine Flu Emergency Room
- Noisy, horrible, uncomfortable ER packed to capacity
- Dad such a mess he didn't recognize a restaurant where he had eaten literally hundreds of times
- No water or bedpan for mom for hours at a time
- No food offered for mom from 7 am to 9 pm
- My last day at work cut to 2 hours squeezed in
- Cleaning my cubicle
- Saying goodbye to beloved co-workers in a rush
- 3 day old dishes rotting at home
- Not able to spend any time at home because landlord was sealing driveway and Goldie was trapped in hot car
- Standing in hospital hallway for 90 minutes with 91-year-old dad and sis because no one knew where mom was
- 3 nights on my folks' "block of cement" guest room bed
- Return of sciatic pain in my legs due to #16
- Saturday spent at medical labs, with Medicare nurse and doing a freelance job
- Sunday morning flat tire
- Tire store closed on Sunday
Ok, it wasn't ALL bad.
- Mom made a good recovery. They caught it just in time.
- My sis PK came far to rescue us when I was freaking out because the angioplasty fell on my last day at work and I needed to go clean out my cubicle and say goodbye. She really, really saved the day.
- A nice hospital employee named Devin very kindly walked me and my lost dad around the hospital when we couldn't find mom, and his sweet gesture swept the rest of the staff's cluelessness and rudeness right away.
- Mom promised to go back on her heart meds.
- If nothing else, it kept me from thinking about my last week at work
- I had an understanding manager who said "Of course family comes first" when I needed to take time off
Tell me about the FUN thing you did this week.