08 November 2009

Ha!

I was having so much fun on Friday, my first day of being laid off, that I forgot to post.

It wasn't a real day of being laid off, since we got a 30-day notice. They just gave me the day off to mourn and regroup.

I slept in til 8, had waffles for breakfast, goofed around on the internet, talked to friends, walked the dog on the beach and, oh? Forgot to mourn and/or regroup.

But I got my laundry done.

Felt better than I have in months. And got an offer to do writing work for a friend's company as a consultant.

Then on Saturday I made money interviewing the brilliant and fascinating Daniel Ellsberg, who was at the center of one of the most important news stories of the 20th century. I could have talked to him all day and all night and would have paid for the privilege. But no. I got paid to do it.

Poor, poor pitiful me.

5 comments:

Lynnea said...

LOL it's great that you're having such a great time of this. I think you may be the first person I've known who practically celebrates being laid off.

LittlePea said...

Damn. And I was having such fun feeling sorry for you! :o)

Stillie said...

This is fantastic news, though! You're laid off and busy as hell! Good job, hon.

Stacy said...

Keep up the good un-work Bob!

Kalyn Denny said...

Glad to hear you are having such a miserable time. :)

Back to top