08 April 2009

Loved so well




I knew Heather Spohr of The Spohrs are Multiplying from her hilarious tweets as mamaspohr on Twitter.

I knew that her daughter had been born premature and that Heather was raising money for the March of Dimes, but I didn't realize that Maddie's health was in such danger until I saw Heather's increasingly worrying tweets as Maddie went to the hospital yesterday with breathing difficulties.

Madeline Alice Spohr died yesterday at 17 months. Details are here, thanks to A Mom Two Boys.

I spent a long time last night looking at photos of Maddie on flickr. There are literally thousands, from Maddie's first tentative moments of life until her last day.

There is no question that this was a child who was loved, and loved so well. Her life was short but the imprint she made on the hearts of those who loved her was large and will last forever.

Bless you, sweet girl. Sleep in peace.

8 comments:

Sister Wolf said...

I'm so sorry.

Project Christopher said...

That precious smile is radiating in heaven now!

Bless her family to get through this.

J said...

That's heartbreaking. I wish her family peace and strength at this horrible time.

Count Mockula said...

That's awful. I am so sorry.

Undomestic Diva said...

Can't wait to walk with you. XOXOXO

mar said...

what a sweet, sweet child. my heart goes out to her family & everyone she touched.
purple stapler is a lovely tribute.

flurrious said...

I don't read Heather's blog, but I must have looked at it before because I recognize Maddie. The number of posts about her linked on A Mom Two Boys is amazing. I hope it can bring her parents some comfort.

Glennis said...

Oh, my. I didn't know her or the blog, but what a sweet picture, and how very very sad.

Back to top