28 November 2008

Six Things

I saw the "Six Weird Things About Me" over on someone else's blog and noticed that there were a bunch of rules attached...tag people, link back, yada yada yada...what a butt-ache.

But I'm pretty much a Sahara desert of posting ideas (hey, nothing draws readers in like telling them that you are a boring ass!) so you get Six Things Apropos of Nothing:

1. I refuse to shop at Costco because I live in earthquake country. I do not wish to be killed by a falling pallet of baby wipes. No amount of savings is worth that obituary.

2. I am superstitious. I HATE it when people say stupid things like "Hey, traffic is light today" when we are heading into Los Angeles. Anger the Traffic Gods on your own time, buddy.

3. I hate football with a hatey hatey hatred. It takes me back to those long weekends where dad would clutch the one remote to our one TV in his sweaty paw all weekend long, watching game after game after game. He would fall asleep with the remote in his hand, but if you tried to slide it out so you could watch something OTHER than football, he would instantly awake.

4. I think a proper dog has short hair for 2 reasons: dogs with wet fur around their mouths make me feel queasy and 2, I want a dog whose butt I never have to wipe. I am mean that way. Schnauzers. Eech.

5. Despite being a huge carb fanatic, donuts and pie hold no charm for me. I can easily skip either one. I would waaaay rather eat a bagel than a donut, if I am going for carbs with a hole in the center. And pie - who invented the obnoxiousness that is pie crust? It is like a zillion calories of doughy greasy boredom. Ugh. Who needs it?

6. One movie ending that is sure to make me hate the movie: the couple kisses while people stand around clapping or cheering. According to Hollywood, no one has ever had a first kiss in private. The best (worst) was in Titanic, when GHOSTS stood around cheering. Come ON, people.

11 comments:

Amy Urquhart said...

It would be sort of ironic if you died that way in a Costco, by that product specifically, wouldn't it?

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Gigi said...

NOW I know why I hate Nascar racing so much. #3 exactly describes my dad's control of the TV on Sunday afternoons. It would also be at an earsplitting volume, but he would be (apparently) fast asleep in the recliner UNLESS you tried to touch the remote, change the channel or turn down the volume :) Good times. Maybe it's a Dad Thing.

Olivine Lo said...

Hi,

I am a postgraduate student at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. I am currently working on a research paper about CEO weblogs and would like to ask you a few questions on this.

I saw your comments on Craig's weblog (craiglist.org) and I hope you would take a few minutes to provide me with your valuable comments on the questions listed below. Your kind attention and contribution mean a lot to my paper.

1.Why are you interested in reading this CEO's weblog? What other CEO weblogs you also browse?

2.What motivate you to write comments to these CEOs?

3.Do you expect the CEO will reply to your comments personally via email or via their weblog postings?

4.If the CEO do not reply you to your comments, how would you feel?

5.If the CEOs replied to your comments, will you feel you have established a relationship with them? Why?

6.Do you comment on the postings from other bloggers on these CEOs weblogs? Why?

7.Do you feel you have established a relationship with these bloggers?

8.Do you leave your contact details besides blog link?

9.Do you still trust this CEO if he/she has not replied to your comments?

Could you please reply to my email: olivine.lo@gmail.com?

Thanks a lot!

Kizz said...

1. "No amount of savings is worth that obituary." Oh that made laugh. And made me glad I haven't renewed my Costco membership.

4. Amen. No canine butt wiping. Though it would be made easier if you had a pallet of baby wipes in your garage.

Christina said...

Gotta agree with being superstitious. I've been burned one too many times for saying, "That wasn't bad at all."

West Coast Grrlie Blather said...

#6 Titanic - Equally odious is the end of An Officer and a Gentleman, when Richard Gere comes in and (literally) sweeps Debra Winger off her feet. Gag-o-matic. We all know he took her out of the factory and put her into the kitchen.

For your reading pleasure: Kenneth Turan's review of Titanic.

Anonymous said...

Okay, the dog ass wiping thing had me laughing. I specifically recall my dad having to wipe our shi tzu's ass and I specifically recall he complained about it the whole time. This may be why I won't let my husband talk me into getting a dog.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Ditto #'s 3 & 4!

Hope your Thanksgiving was a great one filled with donuts and other goodies!!!

Thanks for your comment. I loved hearing from you!

Hugs!!

Julie Marsh said...

This was just the post I needed to read. Especially #1 and #4. Thank you for the giggles.

Glennis said...

Ow. I spent a long six months wiping our malamutes ass while he was so sick before he died, but I guess I never regret having him as our dog.

The Costco fear is toooo funny!!

And pie crust? girl, you just need to eat some GOOD pie crust. It's my favorite part of the pie - somehow leftover pie at my house always ends up rimless because "someone" breaks it off to nibble it.

J said...

1. I refuse to get surgery to correct my vision for the same reason. I just KNOW that the laser would be cutting my eyeball, and EARTHQUAKE, and I'm blinded forever. Awesome.

2. I'm not that kind of superstitious, but when people open umbrellas in the house it gives me the wigs. Makes no sense.

3. I love you for saying hatey hatey hatred.

4. Our dog has long hair, and blissfully, neither of these things are an issue. If they were, I would shave her bald. Word.

5. You have never had GOOD pie crust. Truly good pie crust is light and flaky and a joy to behold and taste. However, it is all too rare, so you're best avoiding pie. That's OK, I'll eat yours. ;)

6. Titanic? I hated that movie with hatey hatey hatred.

Back to top