I love that this is happening. As the article says, Stephanie touched so many people because she tried to express a sense of joy and happiness on her blog.
I have been doing some digging lately, trying to find what makes me really happy. Hint: it isn't what you see on commercials. Rarely does my new carpet cleaner make me dance around in giddy circles.
Here's my list of some of the top happiness-generators:
- Giving. So much fun
- Expressing creativity through words, photos, dance
- Helping family and friends
- Hanging out with people I like, even if we are just sitting on the front steps yakking
- Being in control of my reactions, so I am not at the mercy of other people's emotions
- Being able to take care of myself financially, emotionally, physically
- Taking a stand when I need to
- Noticing beauty everywhere
- Being reliable and working hard to fulfill my commitments
Those are a few of my favorite ways to be happy. What are some of yours?