03 June 2008

A crap day

I don't have crap days very often but this is beginning to qualify.

I drove across the county, 40 miles, to my teeth cleaning appointment, missing work to do so, and conveniently scheduling the appt on the day I work furthest from the dentist instead of just 10 miles away.

I forgot, however, to take the antibiotics for my EXTREMELY MILD ALMOST CERTAINLY NOT A PROBLEM heart condition. I only found out about the condition about a year ago, so this would have been my second cleaning with the antibiotics...and I just forgot. Yay.

Then I came back to Ventura and found one of two cute tiny little diamonds in a lovely ring my mom gave me is missing, two weeks after I got it. I feel like I have a jewelry curse because every time I get something I truly love, it gets lost/broken/damaged in some way. And yet the jewelry I don't really like persists forever!

I am just going to put my head down and sob. Bye.

10 comments:

Kris said...

I'm so sorry. Days like that blow. I hope tomorrow brings better things. Get some rest, my friend.

Karen Bodkin said...

Oh Sue, don't be blue.
It could be worse?

Lynnea said...

I despise days like that. And they never seem to end. Take it easy for the evening and wake up expecting better things. I'm throwing some good vibes out your way.

Glennis said...

Aw, SueBob, sorry about your day. Kick off your shoes have a beverage of your choice, and think good thoughts.

Kizz said...

Oh god, pile up days like that suck eggs. Hope you're curled up with your puppely doggely and treating yourself well.

SUEB0B said...

Thanks, everyone. Right after I wrote this, I heard an NPR story about an Iraqi woman whose husband had been killed and three children severely burned in a bombing...I felt a little - a lot - foolish and petty.

Anonymous said...

Not foolish or petty. Everyone has a right to their misery.

I'll give you some jewelry! You can lose it or not, as you wish. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hope your day got better. Just wanted to tell you that they recently did some studies and found that in most cases, the pre-med is actualy not necesary (I'm assuming a valve pro-lapse). My cardiologist told me I could quit taking it. Which is good, because I forgot a lot! but I just lied about it. I wasn't going to reschedule.

Googling Goddess said...

Bummer. I'm sorry!

I hope things get better for you.

Suzanne said...

Here is a belated tissue. Not the kind with aloe, since I don't want to leave that gooey residue on your eyes.

Back to top