10 April 2008

Post-Bossy let down

I suppose I should write about my day with Bossy, but I feel I am experiencing post-Bossy depression.


What can I tell you?

1) You need to meet Bossy.
2) Yeah, gorgeous.
3) Nice, too.
4) Effortlessly gorgeous, as a marrafack. Bitch.
5) Within 20 minutes of meeting, we had found free Wifi and were blogging.
6) We almost forgot to eat lunch, but a somewhat-forgotten lunch date called, so we had to quit blogging to go meet her.
7) Within 3 hours, we visited both a Starbuck's AND a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, which was our second blogging location of the day.
8) Hanging out with other bloggers is cool because they don't say things like "Are you ever going to quit blogging and do something FUN?" As if.
9) All of my photos of Bossy are of Bossy taking photos.
She got a shot of us, though (keep scrolling til you get to the foot-high hair).
10) You might think the Bossy All-America Tour is about Bossy. But she has a secret plan. Do you want to know what it is? How much is it worth to you? A dollar? OKAY! Bossy is building blogging communities wherever she goes. She is kind of a Bossy Bloggerseed. She stops by, bloggers gather, connections are formed. So it isn't all about her. Yes, she is effortlessly gorgeous, nice, and altruistic, too.
11) Bitch.

No, I had a great time with Bossy. She is most certainly NOT a bitch, though looking at her lovely cheekbones, one kind of wishes she was, so one could hate her and her perfect bone structure properly. But no.

14 comments:

Miss Britt said...

It's the EFFORTLESSLY part that is so hard to take, isn't it?

And my God that SKIN.

QT said...

I first met (or should I say squished on) Bossy as she was innocently trying to dry her hand in the bathroom at BlogHer. I think I said something like "OMIGOD, are you Bossy? I love your blog, blah blah"

She gave me the effortless smile...

Blog Antagonist said...

Um, I'm a little chagrined to admit that I have no idea who Bossy is...but she sounds like a terriffically likeable and loatheable person.

I personally enjoy people who are walking dichotomies, so I'm sure you had a great time.

West Coast Grrlie Blather said...

I thought about not driving out to see Bossy, but the voice(s?) in my head said, "Go, go." When I got there, I met (among others):

(1) Not Just Barbra, who knows someone with whom I've worked for 10+ years. I'm also in TWO book clubs with this mutual person (NJB knows her from church).

(2) JCK (Jennifer of motherscribe) lives four houses north of the S.O. of my friend who got me blogging back in '01 in the old "editthispage" days. Actually, this friend and I were roommates in Santa B in 1980.

Not to mention Jason, who has one of the most incredible life stories that I've ever read.

AND it was great seeing you and Leah and everyone else. Bossy does good work!

Suzanne said...

Very jealous.

barbra said...

I've been in a Bossy-induced daze as well!
I think YOU are so lovely, and you are spot-on with the Bossy Appleseed thing!

Anonymous said...

Great meeting you!!! Can't believe we're so close in locale.

(My photos didn't turn out so hot from the Bossy meet-up. Damn!)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Bossy Bloggerseed indeed. I feel like I have several new BBFF's (Blogger Best Friends Forever) due to her efforts.

And yes, the bone structure and skin are flawless.

Anonymous said...

Very Cool!

Anonymous said...

I have friends like that. You wanna hate them, but gosh darn it, you just can't. I wish I had been able to connect with Bossy AND the bloggers in DC but alas, family needs prevailed. Dammit.

Thanks for the low-down!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

It was great meeting you!! And your stapler! BOSSY looks like a movie star. Like how you would expect them to look in their daily lives. Beautiful without all the frills.

Avitable said...

She's like the Forrest Gump of the blogging world, except not retarded, really hot, and not retarded.

JCK said...

It was really great to meet you, SB! Your red stapler idea is so cool.

It was a great night for the rest of us and sounds like you and Bossy had a wonderful day.

Glennis said...

You bet she is spreading the blogginess! Her visit inspired me to start one!

Hi suebob, it was great to meet you!

glennis in topanga

Back to top