08 December 2007


These past 3 days haven't been productive in the usual sense of getting laundry done or vacuuming, but boy have I given my Flickr Pro account a workout.

I have uploaded over a hundred photos, organized and written little stories about them.

Looking back at these photos gives me a sense of history and belonging that I don't often feel. I am usually an in-the-present kind of gal, pretty much.

I was talking to my mom about this photo:
My mom, Pauline, as a girl
She could still remember what she was wearing and how she felt that day, waiting for Mr. Kluge, the piano teacher. That photo was taken 75 years ago.

Likewise, I still remember this - the warmth of sitting out on that rock, the little hat -
Me in Santa Ynez at Evie's house
There's something about a photo that brings it all back. I wonder if it is real or imagination, a story made up after the fact because we can see what is happening.

Watch Keith Olbermann rip the Bush administration up one side and down the other at Linkateria. Also, kitten playing with turtles.


Alex Elliot said...

I often wonder that about photos too. Laundry can wait! Tis the season to get good deals on underwear anyhow!

Mrs. Chicky said...

I adore that picture of your mom. I'm a sucker for old pictures myself. Although, "old" these days means anything before 1995!

QT said...

That picture of your mom is great. I love looking at old pictures like that, too.

billygean.co.uk said...

Aw what a lovely post :)

I have had some technical mishaps, but am back blogging again!


meno said...

The clarity of the picture of your mother is astounding. I like the freckles.

Blog Antagonist said...

I've really enjoyed looking at your photos. I am a sucker for old photos. There is something so graceful and engaging about them. I want to know the people in them and what they were thinking/feeling.

Back to top