05 November 2007

I can't make this up (in 3rd person like an NBA star)

Scene recap: Suebob sits reading blogs and eating reheated frozen pizza (not bad, actually).

First, she reads
Kevin Charnas' post
about people who RSVP and then don't show up:
So, I don't want to turn this into anything nasty. I don't want to tell you how approximately 40+/- people who actually made it a point to tell us that not only were they coming, but they were bringing people, DIDN'T show.

Not only did they not show up. They haven't called or emailed to apologize.

Suebob mentally agrees that these people are kind of jerky.

Then she reads Queen of Spain and thinks about what it would be like if the Queen and Kaiser moved away, and how much she likes all the local bloggers she has met and

HOLY CATS!! SHE SUDDENLY REALIZES SHE IS SUPPOSED TO BE DRINKING WINE WITH VenturaMom at that very moment. At a soiree she had RSVPed for and was in great danger or not showing up to.

So that's what she did. And it was fun. Period. End of story.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Glad that you avoided committing a social faux pas AND had fun as a result!

super des said...

The blogosphere Fates were clearly on your side to remind you...

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can live with you. You have clean air by the ocean ;)

Anonymous said...

The Kaiser thinks you need to step up your game if you're going to take it to the next level. The Kaiser always says it's one thing to talk a big game about RSVP's, but it's a totally different game when you've really got to go out there and execute. If you don't leave it all on the floor, give 111% (that's right, The Kaiser's percentage points go up to 11) then the next guy is going to come along and take your spot at the party.

FunnyGal KAT said...

Oh man, another timely post for me! My wedding is in a few days and I'm dreading having people not show (because, according to a bunch of brides I know, that's what people do). I understand illness and other things that come up, but my sister had a friend not show (at her 50-person wedding where even some family members didn't make the list!) because she had been working in her garden and didn't feel like going to the wedding after that.

I'm imperfect in a lot of ways, but at least I honor my RSVPs! (And good for you for honoring yours!)

mar said...

glad you didn't miss your party!
i still feel insanely guilty for missing my old college roomie's wedding at the beginning of october, even though i was just discharged from the hospital the sunday before. i did at least let her know that we wouldn't be coming after we'd rsvp'd, even though i tried to convince my bf i felt well enough to make the 5 hour drive.

Back to top