09 September 2007

Was that weekend short or what?

Random Thoughts for Monday

********

Remember "Highlights for Children"? Did anyone else think that Gallant was a bit of a suck-up?

*******

I wish I could invent a machine that would make it possible for others to feel the pain you are in. The next time a doctor said 'You're gonna feel a little stick," I would hook him up before he stabbed me with a monster needle. Just so he would know to be a little more accurate next time, or to shut up completely.

What would you invent?

***********

After seeing what Snackie's readers would go see, I feel like I should drag more people to the opera. Because there ain't NOTHING like some live opera, people. If you haven't gone and you get the chance, GO. I'm just saying.

The weird part is that I HATE musicals. Can't stand them. Every time the plot action gets rocking along, they burst into some stupid song. Does anyone REALLY want to listen to "Gee, Officer Krupke"?

But opera - they have to sing THE WHOLE THING. That is a good trick!

********

Goldie got to go off leash and chase all the birds off the beach today. Watching her run gives me a lump in my throat. It is so beautiful. It is what she is meant to do, what she is happiest doing. It is like prayer come to life.

*******

This breastfeeding on Facebook thing has become quite the big deal, huh? My main gripe about the whole thing is that Facebook should know better than to let idjits like Anthony handle PR. What a loser:
Hi Karen,
After reviewing your situation, we have determined you violated ourTerms of Use. Please note, nudity, drug use, or other obscene contentis not allowed on the website. Additionally, we do not allow users to send threatening, obscene, and harassing messages. Unsolicited messages will also not be tolerated. We will not be able to reactivate your account for any reason. This decision is final.
Thanks for understanding,
Anthony
Customer Support Representative
Facebook

6 comments:

Kizz said...

I'm going to see Opera on a boat docked in Brooklyn next week. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, even at nine I always thought they belabored the point a bit with Goofus and Gallant.

And the Facebook thing? Assinine. Thanks for understanding? WTF is that?

Suzanne said...

Do I remember "Highlights?" I only have a pile of rejection letters from them back in my room at my parents house from when I was 8 and sent pictures to them in the futile hopes that one day my drawings would grace their pages.

meno said...

Gallant was a total brown-noser. Goofus probably started his own dot com and is a rich guy while Gallant becama an actuary.

Anonymous said...

Other than the guy in "Confederacy of Dunces", the fictional character I most identify with has always been Goofus.

- Angel Apologist

debangel said...

Great invention idea..wish I'd thought of that! It should have a "warning" setting that delivers a small "zap" when the physician lies and says, "This will just be a bit...uncomfortable.."

This is going to sound mean but I would love to invent some sort of device that would give off an annoying high-pitched whine that only dogs could hear every time they PURPOSELY PEED IN THE HOUSE. No special reason...

Back to top