25 June 2007

Summer

This weekend we were laughing about all the times I almost drowned as a kid. Pretty much everyone has stories like that.

My closest call was when my rotten cousin Mikey pushed me into the pool at Lake Cachuma when I was about 3 and was totally incapable of swimming.

I remember sinking placidly down through the blue water, not at all panicked until my Aunt Elva snatched me up and put me on the pool deck and everyone was yelling at Mikey. THEN I started freaking out and crying.

We can look back on those stories and laugh because they have a happy ending. This weekend one of our fellow bloggers was not so lucky.

Watchdog's son, Puppy Monster, died this weekend in a swimming accident.

Avitable is collecting donations. We can't bring a beloved child back, but we can show some love and help them out with expenses. So far, wonderful Internets have given over $2300.

4 comments:

Avitable said...

Thank you for posting this.

LittlePea said...

Oh my! How horrible. My own nephew had a close call the other day. SO nice of you to post this.

Mom101 said...

I just learned about this. It's soul crushing.

Suzanne said...

That is so terrible.

Back to top