30 June 2007

Ode! Canada!

The most current estimate of Canada's population is about 33 million people, somewhere around 1/10th the size of the U.S.

How is it, then, that so many of the bloggers that I pink puffy heart with bloggity goodness are Canadian?

I mean, here are just a few of the wonderful Canadian wimmin that I think everyone should be reading:

Karen of Vodkarella
Jess of Drowning in Kids
Catherine of Her Bad Mother and the cozy Her Bad Mother's Basement
Jen of Jen and Tonic
and of course,
Meg Fowler of Meg Fowler.com (who really ought to be much, much more famous).

July 1 is Canada Day, and I wanted to take a brief moment to celebrate that big-ass country and its amazing blogger-women.

It's almost enough to make me want to move there. But considering that I have a pathological terror of snow, maybe I will just keep reading.

12 comments:

super des said...

I've always considered Canada when the political atmosphere in this country is too much to handle. Glad to know I'll be in good company.

ps - I noticed also that my calendar says " Canada Day (Canada) " like there was some confusion about which countries would celebrate it.

Dawn said...

Let me tell you, it is SSSSOOOOOOO nice to not see GW looking at me from every newspaper. Stephen Harper is bad enough, but no where near the bleckiness of GW.

Anonymous said...

From another Canadian, what a sweet post, thanks for the Happy Canada Day wishes!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOH Canada. Our home and native land...true blogger love, in all thy RSS command!

ByJane said...

I second the motion. When I first started blogging, it seemed like everyone I read was or had been a Mormon. Now they're all from Canada.

Happy Maple Day!

LittlePea said...

I love Canada so much I married a Canadian. :o)

Karen Bodkin said...

And I loves you too. xo

Suzanne said...

Not that I am encouraging you to move to Canada, but I don't think it snows in Vancouver, although I may be ill informed on that matter.

SUEB0B said...

How did I not include Baleful Regards in that list?? Dawn is one of my all-time favorite bloggers. I are a dunce.

Her Bad Mother said...

Suzanne - it does, in fact, snow occassionally in Vancouver. Thanks, Global Warming!

But you should all still move here ;)

Anonymous said...

A day late and overweight, but thanks.

Canada is awesome, except the pollution thing we fail so miserably on.

jenB said...

Who is late in to this post? I AM! Thanks puddin'! You are my very favourite red stapler!

Back to top