25 June 2007

Adventures in Dogwalking Part 223

Tonight when we were out at the state beach park, Goldie rolled in mud. Or at least what I thought was mud.

You can see what is coming, can't you?

If you can't, do you read blogs very often?

Because blogs are shitty places.

Yes, shit. Caca. Poopoo. Doodoo. Crap. Human, I believe.

Damn dog. I love her, but damn.

It was getting dark and I didn't want to bring her home, because even though I have an outside shower, I didn't feel like getting wet in order to wash toxic waste off of her. I really, really didn't want to get my hands in there, either.

I put on my creative thinking beanie and came up with a brilliant solution.

I took my dog to the do-it-yourself carwash and spent $2.25 in tokens to rinse her off. I didn't use the high-pressure nozzle, for god's sake. I like my dog with her skin still attached! I used the misty spot-free rinse setting and didn't even hit the trigger of the water sprayer - just the amount spritzing out was enough to get her cleanish.

She wasn't happy about it. But hey, neither was I. Y que!

18 comments:

Day Dreamer said...

LMAO...oh, that's funny. Are you from my neck o' the woods? Sounds like somethin' we'd do 'round these parts!

debangel said...

Gahhh! And people are always saying that animals are filthy! Stoopid humans!

At least you knew about the high-pressure nozzle! I gave myself a blister on my index finger the first time I decided to test one of those out!

Hey, too bad Goldie doesn't look like Lassie...you could have nicknamed her "E-collie"...

OK, that probably stunk worse than she did! Thanks for the laugh!

Dawn said...

I may do that with Emily after camp today.

Skye @ Planet Jinxatron said...

I am SO keeping this in mind in case Layla gets into something gross.

super des said...

How did you get her to stay put for the washing?

Anonymous said...

Human?! OMG!

Mandajuice said...

Our dog went through a rolling-in-shit phase that almost landed him right back at the shelter where we found him. He especially liked to get the crap on his collar, like perfume.

Fortunately he just stopped doing it after a few months. It was HORRIBLE though.

QT said...

I will keep this handy tip in mind, tho it is my BF's dog that likes to do the rolling - especially in racoon poop.

lizgwiz said...

That's good thinking! Fortunately my dog isn't so much with the rolling. I did have quite a time this weekend trying to get cat poop out of my vacuum cleaner rollers, though. It's always something!

Lisa said...

Oh man. HUMAN poo. That is just nasty.

That was a good idea with the carwash tho!

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Brilliant! I'm going to have to try that someday.


(the car wash, not the rolling in poop.)

Jennifer said...

LMAO! Goldie went to the car wash? I never thought of that! Cheaper than going to one of those do-it-yourself dog washing places. :D

Alex Elliot said...

That was a great idea!

SUEB0B said...

Des - she was on a leash and I just tied it to the hanger where the spray gun goes.

Suzanne said...

what a brilliant solution to a very crappy problem. And I hope it teaches Goldie a lesson! :)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! I like my dogs with the skin on as well. The fur stays on better that way.

LittlePea said...

oh man! This reminds me that someone in my house needs a bath badly! My own dog keeps rolling in the dirtiest grass lately. I'm not sure he's be a good boy at the car wash. I have to trick him into the bathroom with peanut butter and he's beginning to figure it out...

April said...

Awesome. What a great idea. Too bad our nearest car wash (on the next block) is automated. Boooo.

Back to top