02 May 2007

I am so special

I am posting this photo because the people who know me and love me will say "Yep, that is our Suebob," and the rest of you can see it and feel better about yourselves.

Here's the setup: I had finished doing dishes and was going to take the little sink strainer thing out and shake the collected schmutz out into the trash.

I used the foot pedal to open the trash, shook the strainer, and somehow managed to let the lid close again in that split second. Voila:



Something that could only happen to me, Queen Klutz. Yes, that is gook on the wall, too. Nice.

After I did that, I sat down and found a tick on my boob. AAAAAAWWWWWWRRRRRGGGG! Remind me to go see the doc if I get a bullseye rash.

Updates:

Thank you so much for all the thoughts and prayers for my sis. You people are *snif* the best. I love you all.
******
I found out that the camp in "Jesus Camp" closed after the release of the film due to bad publicity and vandalism at the camp site. Reading around the internet, I found that most evangelicals seemed to want to distance themselves from this type of camp and the activities promoted there. Most people just aren't that extreme in their beliefs, thank goodness.
*****
I spent a post wanking about my water aerobics instructor the other day, but I have to say that I am feeling and looking better since I began going 3x a week. I sleep better and have more energy and have even lost some weight. So yay for water aerobics. I guess I can put up with BC and her ilk. I will just work on my Bershon face some more.

6 comments:

super des said...

Those are all good news. I just want to point out that that is exactly why my trash can has no lid.

claire said...

All good updates.
You do have to wonder though, if that camp was out there for such a long time and no one put a stop to it, how many more are out there just like it.

Sure, the evangelicals SAY that they don't support that kind of behavior, but i find it hard to believe that this Jesus Camp is an isolated instance. There are a LOT of wacky christians out there with a LOT of wacky ideals about how to worship and it scares the everloving crap out of me.

I think i want to check out that film...

claire said...

Oh! Also - good for you on the water aerobics. It sounds like fun actually, more fun that working out should.
Like running. Which sucks. A lot.

Must google local water aerobics places...

Suzanne said...

I hope your sister is doing better.

Not to be all suspicious and paranoid, but I am with Claire. The evangelicals don't really have a beef with the camp, but they don't want anyone to know what they are up to. These things thrive in darkness.

Glad that water aerobics is making you feel better. You should join People Under the Stairmasters and cross post your great stories!

Lynnea said...

Never give in to conformity - remain the rebel. But hey more energy and lost weight can't be sneezed at. :-)

ecogrrl said...

I've been away a bit, so I'm sorry I missed the request for your sister. I will keep her in my thoughts.
(((hugs)))

Back to top