22 April 2007

Karl's fault, two ways

Karl over at Secondhand Tryptophan made me do it. Blame it on him.

First, he said that he doesn't like blogs without images. That one got me because Red Stapler had been image-free for months (recent car photos excepted). I decided to work on that.

Then he got the brilliant idea from Jessica at Daughter of Opinion to post a "rise and shine photo" - a photo taken upon first awakening. Jessica, is of course all dewy and fresh and beautiful first thing in the morning. And me? Well, your mileage may vary. At least you can enjoy my sexy plaid nightgown. Hey, Goldie likes it.

















As a bonus, here is a photo of me attacking Karl with the Red Stapler at BlogHer last year. Why does my hair look exactly the same as when I just woke up? Hm.

I was mad because Karl was a man invading the Sacred and Holy Blogging Conference of Women. I was smiling because I had had a few gin and tonics. Karl was truly afraid. (Photo by Chase of Taste the World.)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, is there an award for "bravest blogger"? Seriously, there's scarcely enough money in the world for me to do that. And I don't even wear a nightgown.:)

Jessica said...

This is fabulous (LOVE the plaid gown)!!

Karl said...

Wow, that is one hot bit of plaid. I couldn't possibly crack a smile upon waking up. You're a goddess.

And the red stapler attack still makes me shiver.

super des said...

I have multiple pictures of me sleeping, but they don't get posted. And I don't know why I have them. But we can pretend that the one I posted today was upon just waking... in my flowery field with my hair & makeup done...


ps - have I told you I'll be at BlogHer this year?

Suzanne said...

I think you fantastic when you get up in the AM. I wish that I looked so good even after I comb my hair.

Alex Elliot said...

There is no way that I could post a picture of what I look like in the morning. Not at least without a whole series of warnings about it being the scariest picture you would ever see. You look great!

Anonymous said...

you must definitely be a morning person, because that's a beaming smile for just waking up! great pics! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't care if I get flamed, yelled at by RS, deleted, what have you......
Even first thing in the morning....

YOU ARE STILL A PRETTY, PRETTY PRINCESS !!!!!!
- Angel Apologist.

meno said...

This is the first post to come to me through my blog reader. Maybe i'll discontinue....

Just kiddin' I should look so happy first thing in the morning.

I hope to mmet you this year at the conference.

SUEB0B said...

Why, thank you all Especially Angel Apologist. (and this year, you have some Angel Apologizing to do!)

LittlePea said...

You look great in the morning. You have those pink cheeks I try to aquire by spending too much money on blush. Plaid is sexy.

Anonymous said...

Let's make coffee, then we'll go get coffee, okay?

Lynnea said...

What a great thread of pictures. But yours so far is the smiliest! You look great.

Anonymous said...

You know, I saw Karl's picture and I was thinking about it. Now I feel peer pressure.

Anonymous said...

Ah, good times, good times.

And you do look amazingly cheery for having just woken up, but you're not a coffee drinker are you?

Back to top