19 March 2007

I can always find something to complain about

Everyone hates jury duty. I thought I hated jury duty.

Then I got assigned to Federal district court jury duty, which is a whole different ball of wax. First, you are on call for a month, though you only have to call in once a week.

Second, it is in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.

Third, they pay me over a hundred bucks a day with mileage, plus I get wages from work.

I had to call in tonight and I already had tomorrow's jury day planned: Take the train down and arrive in gorgeous Union Station. Grab a bagel at the station cafe (I never eat bagels anymore - the carbs! the carbs!). Take my laptop (they have wireless) and read blogs or watch DVDs. Find something fabulous for lunch at the Grand Central Market. And collect my $107.40. All good.

But they don't want me. I'm rejected. Off to work with no bagel, no blogs, no DVDs and certainly no extra $107.

Waah. Feel my pain.


Mr Stapler said...

They didn't select you because you have no peers.

QT said...

They didn't select you because you figured out a way to make it workable and semi-fun.

claire said...

i have never ever heard of anyone being dissappointed for not being selected for jury duty.

that's just weird, yo.


Anonymous said...

Please tell me that you were on selection for the Phil Spector case! LOL!

super des said...

Sounds like a pretty good day you had planned. I'd be upset if I missed out too.

MsLittlePea said...

I hate rejection....I feel your pain.

Suzanne said...

Very Murphy's Law indeed. Maybe next week?

meno said...

I loved being on jury duty. Like you i got paid by my work. We started at 9am, got an hour and a half for lunch and quit at 3:30. Sweet!

Plus the trial i was on was interesting and we all went and had lunch everyday at some cool downtown restaurant.

I want to become a professional juror.

Back to top