20 July 2006

My first IRL blogger meet-up

I took a step out of the virtual world and into reality today when I had my first real-life blogger meet-up with VenturaMom and her lovely child, The Girl.

I was debating whether to post about this tonight because I am tired and don't know whether I can do it justice. But I know I will be running around like a chicken in the morning and I can't blog at work (terrible, I know!), so I will give you the rundown now.

VenturaMom is lovely and funny and smart and has an almost 3-year-old that is lovely and funny and smart. Interesting how that works. We met down by the beach in a park and hung out and talked and watched as The Girl - who is quite the socialite - made friends with all passers-by.

It turns out that we know a BUNCH of the same people - Ventura is not that small, but it gets real small when you start talking to people.

We share political views (Fox News - bad; kindness, mercy and justice - good), a love of dogs and a hatred for extremely mean skinny women who do their hair and nails to go to they gym. THAT's what I'm talking about.

All in all, a raving success. The Girl learned to play bocce ball from some nice guys in the park, too.


And there's also Linkateria

10 comments:

Janet Evening said...

Is bocce more like shuffleboard, or billiards? I suspect its got incomprehensible scoring, too.
Somehow,I don't think that was in the conversation, was it?
What a brave meet-up! I fear reality the most, after math, and skinny gym women...

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Bocce ball is an Italian game where the red and green balls compete to get the closest to the little yellow ball. Wheeee!
Nice meetup.

SUEB0B said...

I think the bocce scoring isn't so important. The little glasses of wine and snacks determine the outcome.

super des said...

I met gandhi rules in ral life. We had fun. I've also been meaning to meet up with Suzanne (of CUSS) but we haven't yet because *someone* is jetsetting around. and it's not me.

I like meeting people in real life. It's a lot of fun, except you can't express your happiness with :)

Anonymous said...

I just posted about meeting Becki from Cooking with Whine, and the weekend after BlogHer I'm meeting GingaJoy. That's great that you and VenturaMom have so much in common, and hurray for blogger meet-ups.

Anonymous said...

I'm clearly living in the wrong city. Other than Wendy, there are NO cool bloggers anywhere in sight. I'm moving, dammit!

Glad you got to get your blog on and had fun. Can't wait to meet you in less than one week!

Anonymous said...

aww, cool! You got to meet ventura mom! Man, just wait for the mass simulataneous blogger meetup next week. I suspect minds will be blown.

Anonymous said...

Yay on the blog meeting! I met Mommy Story Christina this week. Very fun.

I am not going to BlogHer (damn) but I did take the Queen's de-fluff challenge. If you have time.. let me know what you think.

http://cheeriosandchickens.blogspot.com/2006/07/my-eggs-my-choice.html

MrsFortune said...

I'm having a meet up this weekend with Kvetch and MegaMom. Too bad we don't have awesome ocean beaches, but I'm pretty sure we have the same feelings on gym women.

VenturaMom from said...

Yes, it's true. I popped Suebob's IRL blogger meet-up cherry. And it was good for both of us!

PS - The Girl wanted to know if you were going to be at the park today. Awww...

Back to top