13 February 2006

Beggar's banquet

Some loser at work stole my lunch today. I don't say "loser" because they are a thief, though I figure that's an obvious equation, "thief = loser."

What I really mean is that they are big losers because they stole MY mediocre haphazard lunch.

Here's their take:
A handful of Trader Joe's fake Triscuits
A tiny chunk of blue cheese, about 1/2 inch square, well aged in my fridge
About 8 whole almonds
A blob of stuck-together raisins
A tangerine

It was MONDAY after all, and 6:30 a.m., when I hit the road, comes mighty early. So this poor loser picks my lunch out of the thousands of dollars worth of food stuffed into our three fridges at work? I don't get it.

I searched each fridge 3 times, but I still have the sneaking suspicion that maybe I just screwed up and, in my Monday a.m. blur, did something super creative with my lunch, like leaving it on the roof of my car or sticking it in the freezer instead of the fridge. I do remember putting it in the fridge. I think.

4 comments:

IzzyMom said...

That's not a lunch, Sue. That's a midmorning snack. Hope you found a viable substitute :-)

SUEB0B said...

I am having major lunch issues. I hate microwaved food, vegetarian sandwiches suck, and salad just ain't a whole lunch. Thus the snackies. Usually I have at least some olives to go with, but Monday kind of snuck up on me.

IzzyMom said...

Are you a vegetarian? I was one for a years and years and I always had that problem. I lived on pizza most of the time.

SUEB0B said...

Hahaha you nailed me. I must say the recycling has a large number of frozen pizza boxes in it every week.

Back to top